The Official RONR Q & A Forums

12th Edition of RONR

Rev Ed

I can't wait for the BOTY (Book Of The Year) edition, with all the DLC and soundtracks.

But in seriousness, I've preordered both. I was debating waiting until I could take the NAP entrance exam so I could buy the spiral-bound version, but I decided to go ahead and preorder so I could get it right away.

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, Chuck Mencke, RP said:

Is there a downloadable document outlining the changes from the 11th to the 12th editions? Thank you.

19 minutes ago, Benjamin Geiger said:

There is a link to a PDF outlining changes at the bottom of this page. Look for "Download a PDF of all significant changes".

As Mr. Geiger pointed out, yes, there is a PDF that he linked to which notes most of the changes. The 12th edition itself also has a list of changes in the preface, but during today’s NAP training conference one member of the authorship team said the PDF version on the website is more extensive than their list In the preface of the 12th edition itself.

Likewise. I received my first copy from Amazon on the 1st but it arrived damaged (based on the damage, it appears that the pages were creased when they attempted to shove RONRIB into the same envelope carelessly). My replacement arrived today and so far I have no complaints.

Actually, one "complaint": it's bigger than the 10th and 11th editions, which means I'll probably need to rearrange a couple things in my bag to make it fit. Oh well, c'est la vie.

25 minutes ago, Gary Novosielski said:

Yes, it's far superior, but it tends to fall down when trying to cite material in the tinted pages.

Well, yes, there are no section and paragraph numbers in the tinted pages. But what's the problem? Just cite them the same way as you would have in the 11th edition.

1 hour ago, Weldon Merritt said:

Well, yes, there are no section and paragraph numbers in the tinted pages. But what's the problem? Just cite them the same way as you would have in the 11th edition.

The problem arises when you're quoting from the Kindle version (which I somehow managed to snag in the 11th edition before it was yanked).  There are no page numbers.  If I were quoting the tinted pages I'd have to say Tinted, the roman numeral, and I think the arabic number below that.  I'm not sure that would work all the time.

21 minutes ago, Gary Novosielski said:

The problem arises when you're quoting from the Kindle version (which I somehow managed to snag in the 11th edition before it was yanked).  There are no page numbers.  If I were quoting the tinted pages I'd have to say Tinted, the roman numeral, and I think the arabic number below that.  I'm not sure that would work all the time.

Yes, I suppose that would be a problem with the Kindle version. Personally, I almost never cite the tinted pages anyway. If I use them at all, it's just to quickly find what I am looking for, and then I find the appropriate section in the book and cite it.

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.