The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Online anonymous ballot

Guest Takobi

First: Do your bylaws have a provision that allows for electronic meetings? If not, then the question is moot.

Assuming that your bylaws do allow for electronic meetings: there are anonymous poll sites available. I searched for "online secret ballot" on the Google-machine and found several that seem as though they would suffice. (I would link to some but I don't want to give the appearance of endorsement, and I'm not sure if it's permitted anyway.)

Edited by Benjamin Geiger

There are several websites which provide for anonymous voting online. Also, online meeting programs such as zoom and Adobe connect have a polling feature which amounts to voting on motions and elections, and it is considered secret as far as the general membership is concerned but I have heard that the actual moderator or organizer or host might be able to see the individual votes. I do not know if that is true. Perhaps some others on here do know and will chime in.

edited to add: the websites which provide for secret electronic voting are not free, but they are relatively inexpensive. ElectionBuddy  Is one that comes to mind which I have used. The voting is done through what is supposedly secure emails. Each participant is emailed a ballot at the time of voting. A certain amount of time, often just a few minutes, is allowed for the member to vote by what amounts to return email. The votes are tabulated by the website and the individual votes are never seen by the members or organizers of the meeting.  They receive only the vote totals Which are shared electronically for all members to see.

Edited by Richard Brown
Added last paragraph

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.