The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Agenda in minutes?

Guest Puzzling

12 minutes ago, Guest Puzzling said:

When an agenda is adopted for a meeting how much detail of the agenda needs to be recorded in that meetings minutes?

Is a simple note that an agenda was adopted enough or needs the whole agenda be spelled out?

The minutes need to reflect exactly what was adopted.

In my view, the text of the minutes may simply say that the agenda was adopted, but the adopted agenda itself needs to at least be attached to the minutes so it can be shown exactly what it is that the assembly adopted.

I think the same is true if an assembly (unwisely) actually adopts a written report of the committee.  The minutes may state that the report of the _____ committee was adopted, but the report itself needs to be attached to the minutes.

Edited to add, while Mr. Honemann is much more succinct in his reply, I don't think what I wrote goes against what he's stating.  At least I hope it doesn't.  :) 

Edited by George Mervosh

Just thought.

Suppose there was a draft agenda, that was amended first and then adopted.

Then during the meeting the adopted agenda is not completely followed (motions laid on the table, arranging due to special orders, points of order, recesses ) do we still need to spell out the agenda as adopted?

Guess we will 

2 minutes ago, Guest Puzzling said:

Just thought.

Suppose there was a draft agenda, that was amended first and then adopted.

Then during the meeting the adopted agenda is not completely followed (motions laid on the table, arranging due to special orders, points of order, recesses ) do we still need to spell out the agenda as adopted?

Guess we will 

Yes.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.