The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Unfinished business

The Rev

This particular issue is about whether to put our "#### Fund” in an account that earns more interest than it is currently earning.      The Treasurer mentioned in his report last month that he is looking into it and would like the board to vote on it in June so he can get the funds moved if necessary.  So, do I list the ‘vote’ on the agenda under Treasurer’s report (along with his two other standard reminders for the board members) or list it under ‘Unfinished Business?’  

Thank you for you expertise in this matter.

18 minutes ago, The Rev said:

This particular issue is about whether to put our "#### Fund” in an account that earns more interest than it is currently earning.      The Treasurer mentioned in his report last month that he is looking into it and would like the board to vote on it in June so he can get the funds moved if necessary.  So, do I list the ‘vote’ on the agenda under Treasurer’s report (along with his two other standard reminders for the board members) or list it under ‘Unfinished Business?’  

Bit more complicated than expected , if at next month there is a new treasurer report (can be giving oral advise) then do it under the treasurer reports.

If there is no advice in any way then I think it should be under general orders or new business, depending on how the matter was transferred to the next meeting.

28 minutes ago, The Rev said:

From the information in your post, there's nothing to put anywhere. If the treasurer has a recommendation for the adoption of a motion in his report for the June meeting, a member can move the adoption of the recommendation at the time the report is presented. Additionally, a motion regarding the funds could come up under new business. There is no unfinished business here.  

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.