The Official RONR Q & A Forums

vacancies

Guest ray@thetuxedoclub.net

Guest ray@thetuxedoclub.net

3 of 4 board members resigned there has been no general meetings for 16 months, making no member eligable for a postion, since 6 meetings are required.

Should a Special nomination and election take place to fill the Board positions?

3 minutes ago, Guest ray@thetuxedoclub.net said:

3 of 4 board members resigned there has been no general meetings for 16 months, making no member eligable for a postion, since 6 meetings are required.

Should a Special nomination and election take place to fill the Board positions?

I think you will have to. 

Having no (full) board is worse than electing not eligible members in this case 

But I think RONR has no rules for this situation, 

but have a look at what your state laws and regulations say.

12 minutes ago, Guest ray@thetuxedoclub.net said:

The logical solution would seem to be to start holding general meetings again, amend the bylaws to remove the requirement in question, and then elect people to fill the vacancies.

4 minutes ago, Guest Puzzling said:

I think you will have to. 

Having no (full) board is worse than electing not eligible members in this case 

But I think RONR has no rules for this situation, 

but have a look at what your state laws and regulations say.

It is not permitted for the organization to suspend the bylaws for the purpose of electing an ineligible person to office, unless the bylaws so provide.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.