The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Sections on indemnification of directors in bylaws

Louise

I'm reviewing an organization's bylaws, and they have four rather lengthy sections related to the indemnification of directors (e.g., the organization will save the director harmless if they've acted in good faith, etc. etc.). A single sentence in one of these sections is almost 350 words long.

I have never encountered this in bylaws before, and it just seems really out of place to me. I'm sure there's some history behind these sections that I'm not currently aware of, but I'm leaning towards recommending that they be removed.

Has anyone else encountered this type of content in bylaws before?

6 hours ago, Louise said:

I'm reviewing an organization's bylaws, and they have four rather lengthy sections related to the indemnification of directors (e.g., the organization will save the director harmless if they've acted in good faith, etc. etc.). A single sentence in one of these sections is almost 350 words long.

I have never encountered this in bylaws before, and it just seems really out of place to me. I'm sure there's some history behind these sections that I'm not currently aware of, but I'm leaning towards recommending that they be removed.

Has anyone else encountered this type of content in bylaws before?

Consult the organization's attorney about this.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.