The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Resignation rescission

Condoboss

The HOA board president resigned giving notice his last day would be in 10 days. Then the management company terminated their contract. On day 8 the president rescinded his resignation. Is this allowed? 

My fellow board members and I have done a good deal of work since his resignation obtaining a new management company and other issues for the community. With his rescission, we are at a standoff. The current management company is giving us a hard time setting up a special meeting to remove him.

Please let me if the resignation stands

19 minutes ago, Condoboss said:

The HOA board president resigned giving notice his last day would be in 10 days. Then the management company terminated their contract. On day 8 the president rescinded his resignation. Is this allowed? 

My fellow board members and I have done a good deal of work since his resignation obtaining a new management company and other issues for the community. With his rescission, we are at a standoff. The current management company is giving us a hard time setting up a special meeting to remove him.

Please let me if the resignation stands

Did the board take action to accept the President's resignation?

28 minutes ago, Condoboss said:

Unfortunately no. I did ackkowlege it to the management company.

Then it seems to me the President may withdraw his resignation.

FAQ #18

Is it possible to withdraw a resignation after it has been submitted?

A resignation is a Request to Be Excused from a Duty. It may be withdrawn in the same manner as any motion may be withdrawn—that is to say, before the proposed resignation has been placed before the assembly by the chair stating the question on its acceptance, it may be withdrawn without the consent of the assembly, but it may not be withdrawn without permission of the assembly once it has been placed before the assembly for its approval. [RONR (12th ed.) 32:1–8, 33:12–18.]

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.