The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Appropriate Minutes from Board Meeting?

Sandra L

This is what our President wants to put in our minutes, is this appropriate? 

JS  brought up two items.  He wished to have put in the minutes that his last verbal warning was ruled null and void.

Linda advised the Secretary to do so.

His second issue was his locker. 

JS accused the President and Board of being bias and prejudice against him and therefore unfairly enforcing the rules and “picking on him”. Accused the President of making up rules just for him.  States 2 other people have changed their locks , but refused to give names

JS  States: 1. “I am changing my locker back to the way they were and if you want to reprimand me again, please escalate it, and I will take it to the Governing Board AGAIN, and will be null and void, AGAIN. Not a threat, because I am going to do what I am going to do.”

K & L  explain the locks belong to the club and the club needs to have a key. The club has the right, even though not in the rules to set the use of the lockers because members are renting them. When asked why he needed to change his lock, J said he was afraid of theft.  

J States: “Again, I am changing the locks back to the way there were and if you guys have an issue with that then reprimand me, and the escalate, and the we will bring it back to the Governing Board with bias and prejudice and I will push this issue as far as I can.  If that’s the kind of childish games you want to play with me, go for it.”

This is verbatim report of what he said.

On 8/29/2021 at 10:12 AM, Sandra L said:

This is what our President wants to put in our minutes, is this appropriate? 

JS  brought up two items.  He wished to have put in the minutes that his last verbal warning was ruled null and void.

Linda advised the Secretary to do so.

His second issue was his locker. 

JS accused the President and Board of being bias and prejudice against him and therefore unfairly enforcing the rules and “picking on him”. Accused the President of making up rules just for him.  States 2 other people have changed their locks , but refused to give names

JS  States: 1. “I am changing my locker back to the way they were and if you want to reprimand me again, please escalate it, and I will take it to the Governing Board AGAIN, and will be null and void, AGAIN. Not a threat, because I am going to do what I am going to do.”

K & L  explain the locks belong to the club and the club needs to have a key. The club has the right, even though not in the rules to set the use of the lockers because members are renting them. When asked why he needed to change his lock, J said he was afraid of theft.  

J States: “Again, I am changing the locks back to the way there were and if you guys have an issue with that then reprimand me, and the escalate, and the we will bring it back to the Governing Board with bias and prejudice and I will push this issue as far as I can.  If that’s the kind of childish games you want to play with me, go for it.”

This is verbatim report of what he said.

None of this information belongs in the minutes. The minutes are a record of what was done, not what was said.

The assembly may nonetheless order this information to be included in the minutes if it wishes (I would advise against this), but the President does not have the authority to order additional information to be included in the minutes.

On 8/29/2021 at 7:42 PM, Guest Sandra l said:

So, this could be a vote by the board, would this affect all board minutes, even future minutes, or would they need vote separately each time minutes were challenged? 

Reading and approval of minutes happens at the beginning of each regular meeting.  If there are corrections offered that anyone objects to, then a vote is taken, and the correction is either agreed to, or not.

On 8/29/2021 at 4:54 PM, Guest Sandra l said:

I order for any of this to be in the minutes, would this be by majority of the board, because this took place at a board meeting, or would this need to be voted on by the entire membership? 

The board.

On 8/29/2021 at 6:42 PM, Guest Sandra l said:

So, this could be a vote by the board, would this affect all board minutes, even future minutes, or would they need vote separately each time minutes were challenged? 

Ordering that particular information be included in the minutes affects only the particular case at issue. It has no bearing on future minutes.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.