The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Club officer resignation

Guest ASA

Hello,

Our club treasurer said she is quitting. Our president asked for her resignation in writing as I suggested as parliamentarian. The treasurer will not respond now. She will not attend our next Zoom meeting. What do we do? We need a treasurer. She has control of our bank account  

On 9/4/2021 at 9:08 PM, Guest ASA said:

Hello,

Our club treasurer said she is quitting. Our president asked for her resignation in writing as I suggested as parliamentarian. The treasurer will not respond now. She will not attend our next Zoom meeting. What do we do? We need a treasurer. She has control of our bank account  

I certainly will not quarrel with your suggestion to your president, since RONR (12th ed.) does say, in 32:5, that “[a] resignation is submitted in writing, addressed to the secretary or appointing power; alternatively, it may be submitted during a meeting either orally or in writing.”

Without a number of additional facts, it is difficult to offer suggestions as to what actions can or should be taken with respect to your recalcitrant treasurer. But one thing your club can do is to adopt a new banking resolution naming other members as persons authorized to control your bank account. You most likely can obtain a form for this from your bank.  

Take a look at 62:16 to see whether or not it will be possible to remove your treasurer from office simply by the adoption of a motion to do so.

Edited by Daniel H. Honemann
Added the last sentence

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.