The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Signing minutes I didn't take

Moneypenny

I typically sign my board minutes with "Respectfully submitted..." and my name. But, what do I do if someone else takes notes for a meeting I usually attend and then gives them to me to transcribe? This is a VERY rare occurrence, mind you. Should I just leave my name off of the minutes altogether or indicate the person's name who took the notes? Including both seems like it would be too much. Just wondering if RRO has a protocol to follow if it's necessary to show who did what. Thank you!

On 9/8/2021 at 12:50 PM, Moneypenny said:

I typically sign my board minutes with "Respectfully submitted..." and my name.

I would note that the inclusion of the words "Respectfully submitted" is an older practice and is not required.

On 9/8/2021 at 12:50 PM, Moneypenny said:

But, what do I do if someone else takes notes for a meeting I usually attend and then gives them to me to transcribe? This is a VERY rare occurrence, mind you. Should I just leave my name off of the minutes altogether or indicate the person's name who took the notes? Including both seems like it would be too much. Just wondering if RRO has a protocol to follow if it's necessary to show who did what. Thank you!

The person who actually took the minutes should be the one to sign them.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.