The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Criteria for Executive Session

Shantel Ruebling

On 10/8/2021 at 10:54 AM, Shantel Ruebling said:

What matters/issues qualify for Executive Session? I have been informed ES is for personnel matters and any other matter deemed of a sensitive nature. Can anyone provide additional clarification?

There are no restrictions in RONR.  An assembly may enter into executive session any time it chooses to. 

On 10/8/2021 at 9:00 AM, George Mervosh said:

There are no restrictions in RONR.  An assembly may enter into executive session any time it chooses to. 

This is true if the rules in RONR are the only ones that apply. But if you are talking about a governmental entity of some sort, there may be (and probably are) open meeting statutes that restrict what executive sessions can be used for. In that case, you would need to consult the applicable statute,

On 10/8/2021 at 12:07 PM, Weldon Merritt said:

This is true if the rules in RONR are the only ones that apply. But if you are talking about a governmental entity of some sort, there may be (and probably are) open meeting statutes that restrict what executive sessions can be used for. In that case, you would need to consult the applicable statute,

Yeah, because I'm lazy I just put a brief note in my signature.  :) 

On 10/8/2021 at 11:21 AM, George Mervosh said:

Yeah, because I'm lazy I just put a brief note in my signature.  :) 

On 10/8/2021 at 11:53 AM, Weldon Merritt said:

Sorry, George. I somehow overlooked the note in your signature. But I suppose it doesn't hurt to emphasize the point.

It should perhaps be pointed out that notes, caveats, etc  automatically added to signatures by the system do not show up at all when viewing posts on a smartphone. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.