The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Place a motion on the floor that has been previously defeated

Guest Jane Tabb

On 10/16/2021 at 4:37 AM, Guest Zev said:

The answer may be different if this is a legislative body or if the organization has special rules regarding the introduction of similar or identical motions during the same session.

Yes, that's why my signature says:

👉 Unless otherwise indicated, responses are based upon the current edition of RONR as of the date of posting. The rules in your bylaws supersede those in RONR.  Corporations and elected public bodies may also be governed by rules in applicable statute, administrative code, or case law.

On 10/16/2021 at 7:24 PM, Gary Novosielski said:

Yes, that's why my signature says:

👉 Unless otherwise indicated, responses are based upon the current edition of RONR as of the date of posting. The rules in your bylaws supersede those in RONR.  Corporations and elected public bodies may also be governed by rules in applicable statute, administrative code, or case law.

That’s nice,  but people viewing the forum and reading posts on a smartphone do not see the notes appended to a signature. They just don’t show up. It’s as if they don’t exist. 

On 10/16/2021 at 7:52 PM, Richard Brown said:

That’s nice,  but people viewing the forum and reading posts on a smartphone do not see the notes appended to a signature. They just don’t show up. It’s as if they don’t exist. 

And I am on a regular PC at home and I did not see it either.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.