The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Agenda and additional item.

J. J.

On 2/18/2022 at 8:50 AM, J. J. said:

That is where I am running into a problem, but the problem is more related to the principle that the expression of some things prohibits unmentioned things of the same class.  Making that determination seems to be a very grey area. 

Some people here have made the argument that these things are of a different class, but I'm seeing any to determine if the items are truly of a different class. 

Well J.J., if you are running into a problem I'm afraid that it is one of your own making.

On 2/18/2022 at 2:49 PM, Rob Elsman said:

Mr. Martin's response, "I don't see...", Mr. Gerber's response, "The difference is...", and Mr. Honemann's response, "No, not necessarily...", are particularly instructive for me.  I thank each of them for his helpfulness. 🙂

I did struggle for awhile deciding between "No, not necessarily.", and "It depends."  🙂

On 2/18/2022 at 10:17 AM, Dan Honemann said:

Well J.J., if you are running into a problem I'm afraid that it is one of your own making.

No.  When someone has to claim that an agenda is not a document, it is not my problem.

This conversation has shown how unclear the principle of 56:68 #4 is. 

On 2/18/2022 at 6:55 PM, J. J. said:

This conversation has shown how unclear the principle of 56:68 #4 is.

Sorry, J.J., but you're alone on this one.

The principle is clear. Your application of it is incorrect where you refuse to accept that General Orders and New Business are different classes of business.

On 2/18/2022 at 11:18 PM, Atul Kapur said:

Sorry, J.J., but you're alone on this one.

The principle is clear. Your application of it is incorrect where you refuse to accept that General Orders and New Business are different classes of business.

Sorry, you are unable to distinguish between which "class" should be used.  It it a class of motions, i.e. a main motion or a class of business, i.e. new business. 

I am not the only one on this thread who has noticed this. 

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.