The Official RONR Q & A Forums

What to do about a Society President who goes against an approved Board Motion?

Guest Susan Porter

In 2017 the Board of Directors of a Society I do membership for, passed a motion giving me the right to give out, if needed, five free memberships a year to members experiencing either financial hardships or health problems.  I do not need Board approval to do this as it could be a privacy issue for the member.  The new President of this Society has decided she doesn't like the 'Special Discount' and has deleted it from the list of Payment types in the online system we use. which designates the different ways members dues are paid. (EX:  Check, Cash, PayPal, etc.)

Can the President do this without going to the Board first, asking to have the Special Discount payment deleted?

Thank you in advance. 

On 2/23/2023 at 7:25 PM, Guest Susan Porter said:

In 2017 the Board of Directors of a Society I do membership for, passed a motion giving me the right to give out, if needed, five free memberships a year to members experiencing either financial hardships or health problems.  I do not need Board approval to do this as it could be a privacy issue for the member.  The new President of this Society has decided she doesn't like the 'Special Discount' and has deleted it from the list of Payment types in the online system we use. which designates the different ways members dues are paid. (EX:  Check, Cash, PayPal, etc.)

Can the President do this without going to the Board first, asking to have the Special Discount payment deleted?

No.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.