The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Removal of booster members

James Brown

On 4/27/2023 at 11:57 AM, Dan Honemann said:

Thank you for sending me the copy of your Articles of Incorporation. Unfortunately, I find nothing in them to be of any assistance.

However, what is of interest is the draft of bylaws attached to the Articles of Incorporation. These bylaws are stamped as having been approved by and filed with the Indiana Secretary of State on May 22, 2019. These bylaws, while being far from perfect, are much better than the bylaws which you have posted here in this forum. For example, in the 2019 bylaws, Article V is titled "General Meetings". It provides that a regular meeting of your membership shall be held in the months of August, January, February, March, and April, and that the March or April meeting "shall be known as the Annual Meeting for the purpose of election of Officers and members of the Board of Directors." This Article is nowhere to be found in the bylaws you have posted, which simply make a peripheral reference to an Election Meeting to be held in April, at which meeting the budget is also to be presented to the Boosters.  It appears, therefore, that these 2019 bylaws must have been revised, either before or sometime after their adoption, and it certainly was not for the better.  

Interestingly enough, while I remain of the opinion that your bylaws indicate that your Board is subordinate to your general membership, this appears to be more clear in the 2019 version. Perhaps this has been by design. 

By the way, I find the assertion by your Nominating Committee's chair that "due to the Committee being tasked to find the best candidate for each office, he and the board had the authority to deny the parents the opportunity to run" to be patently absurd.

Thank you Mr. Honemann. I appreciate your input. I agree with all of your points in this comment. Hopefully this thread will help someone else, God forbid they ever have an issue like this…

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.