The Official RONR Q & A Forums

board members

Guest Dave

I have a question. if a board member can't attend a meeting due to Illness, working late, or an emergency , do we need a motion to excuse

him/her. as in  after roll call, do we ask, I need a motion to excuse  Sally due to her working late, someone makes the motion, do I then ask for a second, and all in favor/opposed

On 6/23/2023 at 3:54 PM, Guest Dave said:

I have a question. if a board member can't attend a meeting due to Illness, working late, or an emergency , do we need a motion to excuse

him/her. as in  after roll call, do we ask, I need a motion to excuse  Sally due to her working late, someone makes the motion, do I then ask for a second, and all in favor/opposed

Nothing in RONR would require such a motion.

But your local rules might.  Do you have a required attendance, or a maximum number of "unexcused" absences, or something like that?  What is the purpose of your roll call?

On 6/23/2023 at 2:54 PM, Guest Dave said:

Unless there are more facts we have not been provided, there is no need to take any action on this matter.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.