The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Nominations

Guest J. J.

What exactly is debated? The prospective's nominee's ballot worthiness? The prospect's worthiness to serve in the relevant position? How does this work?

I see on page 18 that you are correct. I'm just wondering how this works in practice."

Guest George Mervosh

You can debate their qualifications, or lack thereof.

So make yourself a list of good and not so good qualifications.

Decorum is key.....

It's not improper to point out the candidate for Treasurer was convicted of embezzling, bu"

Yes. However, care needs to be taken to stay within decorum (no personal attacks on another member). In practice touting the qualification of the nominee you support over the qualifications of the others is the safest way to stay out of danger of violat"

Thanks to all that posted.

Would it be a breach of decorum if it was pointed out that a particular nominee had accused several present BOD members of being "pawns" (by name) in a blog that he posted? Or during committee action made an accusa"

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

>>I'm curious as to how far I can go to prevent this persons possible election!<<

As far as the assembly will let you.

What's acceptable at a church meeting is not necessarily what's acceptable at a celebrity roast."

>>Would it be a breach of decorum if it was pointed out that a particular nominee had accused several present BOD members of being "pawns" (by name) in a blog that he posted? Or during committee action made an accusation of a vendor being "

Archived