The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Timely Approval & dissemination of HOA board minutes

Guest Secretary as Communicator

Guest Secretary as Communicator

Because we are a small 50+ community (with several members in their 90's) about to involve our members in construction & paving of roadway, dispersing board decisions quickly and efficiently is paramount to the wellbeing of the community. Given that illnesses including COVID continues to seriously effect our board members, is it acceptable to submit minutes for approval to board members by email and then disperse the approved  minutes to the community as quickly as possible?  There are no guidelines regarding this issue in our offering plan or in any updated changes to the bylaws. If not acceptable under these conditions, what is the protocol for communication to members of decisions that require advanced planning? Thank you for your help.

It looks like your organization is having trouble because it is using minutes as a newsletter. It would be more effective to use minutes as minutes (the official record of the society) and start a small newsletter to let people know about paving and the like. 

Anyway, the answer is that you can distribute draft minutes to board members by email, but you can't approve them that way. You could always send draft minutes to members, if the board votes to do so, but you won't know if they're accurate. 

On 7/29/2024 at 12:54 PM, Atul Kapur said:

I thought that's why golf and fishing were invented

A day of the kind of fishing I do – deep sea fishing – is WORK!  you have had a workout by the time you get back home!  Dunno  about golf. 

Now, the kind of fishing my mother used to do — sitting on a creek bank holding a cane pole – that’s relaxing!

Edited by Richard Brown
Added last paragraph

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.