The Official RONR Q & A Forums

No booster officers

Guest Smcewen

In March due to alot of reasons all of our booster officers resigned. Our band director refuses to hold a meeting to elect new officers. Im the treasurer and i need to step down immediately but there is no one to take my place. I dont know what happens if i just go take my name off of the booster bank account. My son is still in band so i dont want to ruffle any feathers but ive told them since march i needed to be done. 

It sounds like the booster club won't be much of a boost. It might just be time to disband, and let the band go boosterless. If you are just through, mail the band director a letter of resignation; give the club a reasonable amount of time to meet and accept the resignation; afterwards, consider yourself done and gone.

On 8/2/2024 at 2:06 PM, Guest Smcewen said:

In March due to alot of reasons all of our booster officers resigned.

Im the treasurer and i need to step down immediately but there is no one to take my place.

These statements seem to be in conflict with each other.

Do you mean to say that all of the officers except for you resigned?

Our band director refuses to hold a meeting to elect new officers.

What do your bylaws say on the subject of calling meetings, and in regard to regular meetings?

I dont know what happens if i just go take my name off of the booster bank account

I don't know either. That is not a parliamentary question.

I don’t have a choice but to be done. I’ve been battling new health issues and I just can’t keep up. Especially bc band is a lot when it’s in season. I hate it bc we tried to have meetings to elect new officers but the director wouldn’t allow us to. He keeps saying he’s trying to find a treasurer but per the bylaws they’re elected not appointed 

In March I along with all the others told in the meeting we were resigning. But my name is on the acct bc I’m the treasurer. I don’t know whether to just go take my name off of the account bc I don’t know what happens to the money (if anything) if I do. Our byalws say the president can call special meetings but she resigned in March. March and April meetings are mandatory to select officers but our band director cancelled the April meeting bc he wants to just appoint officers. Which is against the rules + he’s had absolutely no luck. 

On 8/2/2024 at 2:38 PM, Guest Smcewen said:

I don’t have a choice but to be done. I’ve been battling new health issues and I just can’t keep up. Especially bc band is a lot when it’s in season. I hate it bc we tried to have meetings to elect new officers but the director wouldn’t allow us to. He keeps saying he’s trying to find a treasurer but per the bylaws they’re elected not appointed 

On 8/2/2024 at 2:43 PM, Guest Smcewen said:

In March I along with all the others told in the meeting we were resigning. But my name is on the acct bc I’m the treasurer. I don’t know whether to just go take my name off of the account bc I don’t know what happens to the money (if anything) if I do. Our byalws say the president can call special meetings but she resigned in March. March and April meetings are mandatory to select officers but our band director cancelled the April meeting bc he wants to just appoint officers. Which is against the rules + he’s had absolutely no luck. 

I'm not questioning the merits of your decision, I just wanted to clarify the facts. I understand now that you also submitted your resignation.

Did the assembly accept the resignations of the officers at the meeting where all the officers resigned? If not, technically they are still in office. So the President could still call a meeting, at which time the assembly could accept the resignations and elect new officers.

As for the director attempting to not "allow you" to hold meetings, just ignore the director and hold the meeting anyway.

Edited by Josh Martin

Agreeing with Mr. Martin, by what authority does the band Director have the authority to refuse to permit the booster club to have a meeting? Does he even need to be notified of a meeting or present for one? It sounds to me like he might be exceeding his authority.

Edited by Richard Brown

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.