The Official RONR Q & A Forums

relinquishing chair

Guest J. J.

Yes. At first I would gently raise a Parliamentary Inquiry asking if it is proper for him to retain the chair when he had turned it over in the past because he had shown partiality on the question by debating it.

If he doesn't get the drift I "

Guest Paul McClintock

> If he rules against the Point of Order I would move to Suspend the Rules to have someone else preside over the pending question.

It would be much simpler and require only a majority vote to Appeal the ruling of the chair if the point was no"

Maybe so, but if the Chair doesn't get the drift from the Parliamentary Inquiry and rules the Point Not Well Taken how likely is it that the Chair will willingly give up the chair upon the assembly upholding the Appeal? It would seem almost certain that "

Many of the questions that arise on this forum result from meetings where the chair doesn't "get the drift". Unfortunately if the rest of the membership also have no clue, the chair gets away with things even if they are not proper because othe"

>>Unfortunately if the rest of the membership also have no clue, the chair gets away with things even if they are not proper<<

That does seem to be a common theme on this forum. But there's really no substitute for knowledge and the c"

Archived