The Official RONR Q & A Forums

President Vs Permitee

Guest Kitkat

On 9/24/2024 at 1:57 AM, Guest Kitkat said:

Hello. We have a permittee for our lounge. Does the permittee overrule the president when it comes to making decisions?  

I don't think I fully understand what a "permittee" is in this context, but in any event, it seems to me the answer to this question will depend upon what your organization's rules say regarding the authority of these persons.

On 9/24/2024 at 2:57 AM, Guest Kitkat said:

Hello. We have a permittee for our lounge. Does the permittee overrule the president when it comes to making decisions?  

On 9/24/2024 at 8:24 AM, Josh Martin said:

I don't think I fully understand what a "permittee" is in this context, but in any event, it seems to me the answer to this question will depend upon what your organization's rules say regarding the authority of these persons.

And also, what is a "lounge" in this context?

My experience with friends in the business leave me to believe that we're talking about a liquor bar where the holder of either the state liquor license or the local business license is not the same person as the president of the company. In my state, this sometimes happens because state law disqualifies the operator-in-fact from obtaining these licenses or permits.

On 9/24/2024 at 7:58 AM, Rob Elsman said:

My experience with friends in the business leave me to believe that we're talking about a liquor bar where the holder of either the state liquor license or the local business license is not the same person as the president of the company. In my state, this sometimes happens because state law disqualifies the operator-in-fact from obtaining these licenses or permits.

Thank you. That makes sense to me.

If this is correct, in addition to the organization's rules on this matter, I think it would also be desirable for the organization to consult an attorney or a professional familiar with the details of such businesses. It certainly does not seem to be a parliamentary question.

On 9/24/2024 at 7:58 AM, Rob Elsman said:

My experience with friends in the business leave me to believe that we're talking about a liquor bar where the holder of either the state liquor license or the local business license is not the same person as the president of the company.

I think it also could be some sort of fraternal organization that serves alcohol. But I agree that the issue is not one of parliamentary procedure.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.