The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Agenda Manipulating

Guest Kim Goldsworthy

Also, if there are 2/3 of the members present who don't want to consider the motion its consideration can be objected to (RONR pp. 258-261 although there are certain motions that can't be objected to) or a motion can be made to Suspend the Rules and Postp"

Guest donna veilleux

Town Meeting:

When residents of a town are given the Town Warrant, they are being noticed when a certian article will be brought up. How come a voter can motion to move an article from #18 to #1... with no rationale or debate... even from the petitio"

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

Oh my, yes!

But any reasonable person coming to this forum for the first time would naturally look for an existing topic related to her question. And the webmaster seems unable, or unwilling, to change "topic" to "question". S"

Guest Gary c Tesser

Is "What descends from the original post .. supposed to relate back"?

Who says? It's obvious from the way the customs of this website forum work. of course, yes?

And a newcomer like Ms veilleux is to know this because ... um, "

Guest Gary c Tesser

... 2. Frankly, I can't make heads or tails of what your question is about. But starting afresh with a new discussion thread might avail the assembled Internet parliamentarians (and aspiring Internet parliamentarians like me) the opportunity to look at "

>>How come a voter can motion to move an article from #18 to #1... with no rationale or debate... even from the petitioner of that article.<<

Well, a motion to amend the agenda while it is pending would require a majority vote and wou"

Archived