The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Names on Petiton

Guest J. J.

If it is filed with the secretary - as it was - does anyone else get to see the names on the petition? I do believe the secretary has said as long as she checks the names and they are members in good standing, she will keep the names confidential. Is tha"

Guest Gary c Tesser

I'm pretty sure Robert's Rules doesn't deal with this at all. I'd suggest looking carefully at what the bylaws do say, and extrapolate and interpolate logically from what it does say to what might be implicit. You'll do well to use RONR's principles of "

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

If you don't want the other members to know that you signed the petition, don't sign the petition. Doing so is just like speaking at a meeting. Or voting in a roll-call vote. You're putting yourself on the record."

Thanks for all the replies. This was a "fun" meeting. The secretary - when questioned by the president regarding the petition - held that the petition was filed, she did check the members names for validity - and she put it in a sealed envelop"

Rah Rah Rah - shish boom bah :) Thanks - that goes to show I can learn something if I keep asking questions - thanks to the well informed participants and great remarks. I think I'll go shopping for that Porxx - no - I think I'll go shopping for A good "

Archived