The Official RONR Q & A Forums

ByLaws Amendment Committee

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

Thanks for 'gentle' reproach? approach? but I must confess that I'm so new to RRO that I don't understand or have forgotten what raising the question means (IF that's the correct terminology, don't recall. My Bad.)

Please enlighten us frustrated "

Original Message:

Thanks for 'gentle' reproach? approach? but I must confess that I'm so new to RRO that I don't understand or have forgotten what raising the question means (IF that's the correct terminology, don't recall. My Bad.)

Please en"

Read the section in RONR on committee reports, §51, pp. 485. Note that the reporting member presents the committee's report and moves the adoption of the recommendations contained there (assuming, of course, that any required previous notice has been"

Our Amendment Comm Chair looked up everything about "question" in RRO newly revised edition & seems to both of us that the question would once again not only open up for 1st & 2nd Motions but also with more lengthy discussion. Remember "

As far as I understand it, the question is still in the control of the general assembly. If I'm right about the facts, "we" (the committee?) are out of business with respect to this matter. The committee's continuing interference after discharge"

We're not wanting to be insubordiante. Actually, at the March meeting the general assembly asked the committee to meet again, incorporate the changes recommended by members at the gen. assembly then reprint the amendments again with the changes wanted by"

"Actually, at the March meeting the general assembly asked the committee to meet again, incorporate the changes recommended by members at the gen. assembly then reprint the amendments again with the changes wanted by the membership then at the April "

By the way, the committee can certainly follow its instruction to print up something for distribution. For example, the two texts might be shown side-by-side to show what would be pending were the amendment adopted or rejected."

>>and then ask for a vote without more lengthy discussion and without waiting another 30 days?<<

You don't need to wait another 30 days unless any amendments exceed the scope of the notice. However, as Mr. Elsman notes, the committee "

Archived