The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Is she an officer

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

It was apparently never caught that she had not paid her dues.

I have been told that it is too late to object to her being the Secretary now because "the slate passed" and that the only way she can be removed from office is through the "

Her election is null and void (RONR p. 244a). At the next Board meeting when she tries to exercise a right of membership (attending meetings, making motions, speaking in debate, voting) a Board member can raise a timely Point of Order that she is not val"

"I have been told that it is too late to object to her being the Secretary now because "the slate passed" and that the only way she can be removed from office is through the "removal rules" of our bylaws (requires unanimous vote)."

Raise it again at the next meeting with citations in hand. If the President rules the Point Not Well Taken be prepared to Appeal the ruling (RONR pp. 247-252). If the President refuses to even entertain the Point of Order or Appeal see RONR p. 642 lines"

What if the organization has made no effort to collect dues from board members in the past? And what if the board has never officially acted to declare how it is someone becomes a member? Shouldn't those things matter?"

This is what the new President is telling me "

What's done is done. However,

what I can do is work with what I've been dealt. If something is not right, well then let's address it by

moving forward and following the bylaws. In my "

As I had said before you should raise that Point of Order and be prepared to Appeal an adverse ruling. Also read page 642 so you know what to do if the President flat out refuses to entertain the Point of Order or Appeal. Just because the President does"

Archived