The Official RONR Q & A Forums

remedy when RR not followed

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

Guest lucy flanagan

Thank you, Mr. Mountcastle for your reply. Situation in question involves a Chairman of the Board calling for a vote by email, when email voting has not been allowed in the bylaws, urging members to vote a certain way, bringing the issue to vote before th"

>>calling for a vote by email, when email voting has not been allowed in the bylaws,<<

This is the most serious violation, and it would cause the vote to be null and void.

I also suggest taking a look at FAQ #20, elsewhere on"

Guest lucy flanagan

Mr. Mountcastle,

I hope I'm not being a pest...

On "Term of Office" the bylaws state, "Unless officer dies, resigns or is removed from office he or she shall hold office until next annual meeting of the Board or until his or he"

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

>>How do you go after an entire Board?<<

See FAQ #20, elsewhere on this site.

And note that you won't be removing the officers (presumably) elected (or appointed) by the board, you'll be removing board members (presumably) el"

Guest Lucy Flanagan

Hi, Chris H.,

Thank you very much for putting your mind to my question. Bylaws say, re. vacancies:

"A vacancy in any office created by the death, resignation, removal, disqualification, creation of a new office or any other cause may be fille"

If your Bylaws are silent as to removal of officers elected by the general membership, not the board, then I believe that due to the "or until their successors are elected clause," the election of the officers could be rescinded by the general m"

Guest Lucy Flanagan

On directors, "Removal," the bylaws state, "At a meeting of the Board of Directors, notice of this pending action having been given, one or more Directors may be removed from office, with or without cause, by two-thirds of the votes cast by"

Guest Kim Goldsworthy

Lucy Flanagan,

Are you asking a question about your bylaws, or asking a question about Robert's Rules of Order?

Your removal process is highly customized. No one here can say with certainty how to implement it.

Your rule goes against the"

Guest Lucy Flanagan

Bylaws state, under Rules of Procedure, "the rules of procedure at meetings of the Board shall be rules contained in Roberts' Rules of Order on Parliamentary Procedure, newly revised, so far as applicable and when not inconsistent with these Bylaws, "

A couple of things stand out to me. First is the apparent requirement for previous notice for removing directors ("notice of this pending action having been given") (in Ms. Flanagan's post of 5/11 at 4:42 PM). So probably it's not in order to "

>>"the rules of procedure at meetings of the Board shall be rules contained in Roberts' Rules of Order on Parliamentary Procedure, newly revised, so far as applicable and when not inconsistent with these Bylaws, Articles of Incorporation or any"

Guest Lucy Flanagan

Thank you for your attention my dilemma. Bylaws say that board members ("directors"), annually elected by the assembly, may be removed by a 2/3 vote of the board. When the whole board is failing to observe its own bylaws, namely conforming to Ro"

Guest Lucy Flanagan

Thanks, Nancy N. I'll ring off for now. It does seem like I'm being irrelevant with questions on what to do when RR is not being followed. I intend to educate myself so I can influence the organization in a positive way. Many thanks."

>>I guess you're not going to be able to employ Robert's Rules to remedy the situation.<<

The reason you can't use the disciplinary procedures in Robert's Rules to remedy the situation is because you have customized procedures in your"

Archived