The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Committee Meetings

Guest Trina

> I am aware other meetings such as executive board, board of directors and general meetings are open to public - just curious about committee (standing/special). <

According to RONR, the meetings of all these bodies are, by default, open o"

Guest Kim Goldsworthy

Paj,

>>Are standing committees open to public?<<

kg: No. - No committee is open to the public, per RONR. Likewise for all bodies - a board is meeting is closed to all but current board members; a council meeting is closed to all b"

>>I am aware other meetings such as executive board, board of directors and general meetings are open to public<<

If this is your understanding of RONR, then as noted, it is incorrect. Under RONR, all assemblies are members-only, alth"

Update - I didn't state the question right.

Executive, Board, Council, General - is open to members but public (non-members) can observe but no vote/votice.

I was talking about Committees - the committee members mee but are they open to "

Guest Kim Goldsworthy

Paj,

>>The committee members meet but are they open to public - as observers? I was told two different things - yes can observe and no cannot observe. I am confused.<<

ALL meetings of ALL committees are CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC.

<"

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

>>Executive, Board, Council, General - is open to members but public (non-members) can observe but no vote/voice.<<

That may be your rule. Or it might be the law. But it's not an RONR rule.

In RONR the term "member""

Archived