The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Treasurer Position

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

>>I guess what I am asking, is can we have two treasurers?<<

You can but you'll have to amend your bylaws which, I assume, currently provide for "a" (i.e. one) treasurer.

But why not just elect one treasurer and let"

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

>>Does that other person need to be put in the by-laws and apart of the executive board?<<

No. There'd be nothing official about it and she wouldn't have any authority.

But you could always formalize the arrangement by amendi"

Well since she will have privied financial information, I do see that she should be part of the board but just no authority when it comes to checking signing and such. I mean she may have to report if the other one cannot make it. THank you so much."

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

>>since she will have privied financial information, I do see that she should be part of the board<<

There are many, many organizations where the treasurer is not a board member. Either your treasurer is honest or she isn't. Putting h"

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

Well, even if she's not a member of the board, she could be invited to attend board meetings. And the next Assistant Treasurer might not be as pure. When you amend the bylaws you need to take the long view.

But the bottom line is that your organi"

Yes that is true, but as a 501 3c we cannot have a treasurer listed as Individual accounts treasurer and Operating Accounts treasurer and that was proposed and then I was made aware that would loose our 501 3c status...is that what you have heard also."

Guest Kim Goldsworthy

Lana,

>>but as a 501 3c we cannot have a treasurer listed as Individual accounts treasurer and Operating Accounts treasurer and that was proposed and then I was made aware that would loose our 501 3c status<

kg: We cannot answer ques"

Archived