The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Executive Powers

rgnldwllms

Can someone please tell me, does the president of an organization have executive powers? If so, what are these powers or where in the book may I read on executive orders? why asking: is that I am wanting to know if a president can abolish a bank account of an organization without the permission or knowledge of the organization? Appreciate any response.

Can someone please tell me, does the president of an organization have executive powers?

No. Not per Robert's Rules of Order.

I am wanting to know if a president can abolish a bank account of an organization without the permission or knowledge of the organization?

No. You won't find any such authority within the 700+ pages of Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised (10th ed. 2000).

I am wanting to know if a president can abolish a bank account of an organization without the permission or knowledge of the organization?

Not in RONR, and if the By-laws call for a Treasurer, it will be unlikely to be found in the By-laws either as the Treasuruer would be responsible for any bank accounts. But, and I am making an educated guess, the Treasurer probably still has to get permission from the Board to close a bank account.

Archived