The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Question on changing an agenda item

Guest Natalie

Please help me - I am a novice at this - our School Board (who follows Roberts Rules of Order) decided to change an agenda item in the 11th hour and they will vote on the changed agenda, but the changed agenda was not voted upon by the members. Does Robert's Rules preclude an organization from changing the agenda without the consent of any of its members? The chairperson decided to change the agenda on her own.

thank you...

... our School Board ... decided to change an agenda item in the 11th hour and they will vote on the changed agenda, but the changed agenda was not voted upon by the members.

Does Robert's Rules preclude an organization from changing the agenda without the consent of any of its members?

Under Robert's Rules, AGENDAS ARE NOT REQUIRED.

It violates no rule in RONR Tenth Edition 2000 to add or subtract items from an agenda.

It violates no rule in RONR for a member to bring up new business which has never appeared on any agenda.

Please help me - I am a novice at this - our School Board (who follows Roberts Rules of Order) decided to change an agenda item in the 11th hour and they will vote on the changed agenda, but the changed agenda was not voted upon by the members. Does Robert's Rules preclude an organization from changing the agenda without the consent of any of its members? The chairperson decided to change the agenda on her own.

The body that is meeting has the authority to approve the agenda, by majority vote. (FAQ #14)

Archived