The Official RONR Q & A Forums

membership

Guest maryriverwoman

Our bylaws state

Our bylaws? I was under the impression that you're not a member. What is your connection with the organization.

that anyone who believes in the mission of the organization and pays their membership fee is welcomed to join. I have been denied membership.

Do you believe in the mission?

Have you paid your dues?

No one here can tell you definitively that you meet the requirements of membership as stated in the organization's bylaws, because bylaw interpretation is beyond the scope of this forum.

On what basis were you denied membership, and by whom?

suggestions of what i should do

Talk to a member of the organization. A member has a right to take the issue to the assembly.

Our bylaws state that anyone who believes in the mission of the organization and pays their membership fee is welcomed to join.

Well, if you've been denied membership, they're not really "your" Bylaws yet. I'd also double-check to make sure that the Bylaws don't require the membership to vote on you becoming a member or anything.

I have been denied membership. suggestions of what i should do

Who denied your membership? Do you have any friends in the organization who would be willing to fight on your behalf? If so, have one of them make a motion ordering that you be admitted as a member.

If you don't have anyone on your side in the organization, or if your friends can't get a majority on their side, then your only recourse is legal action.

Archived