The Official RONR Q & A Forums

voting for abertration for member

joycesavannah6

our local had a vote for arbertration. everyone who was present voted. the ballets were counted and he won. how can our pres.allow three late member to come in and vote. i want to bring him the table and make a motion to let the first ballet count stand what rule is he using to get away with it we use roberts rule of order this can be right its not in the bylaws help. this man needs his job and is not liked by by our pres

how can our pres.allow three late member to come in and vote.

He can't.

i want to bring him the table and make a motion to let the first ballet count stand what rule is he using to get away with it we use roberts rule of order this can be right its not in the bylaws help. this man needs his job and is not liked by by our pres

Raise a Point of Order that the late votes were invalid and that the individual was adopted. I suspect the President will rule this not well taken. You can appeal from the ruling of the chair. A majority vote is sufficient to overturn the chair's ruling. Then see FAQ #20 to deal with your President. This behavior should not be tolerated.

Archived