The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Opposed Motion

Guest Executive Admin

Guest Executive Admin

We just recently had a board meeting and someone opposed a motion that was made for a new business item. When recording for the minutes do we have to note that one member of the Board opposed and state who that member was? Also is this subject listed in the 10th Edition of Roberts Rules of Order and where? Thank you to anyone that can help me.

We just recently had a board meeting and someone opposed a motion that was made for a new business item. When recording for the minutes do we have to note that one member of the Board opposed and state who that member was? Also is this subject listed in the 10th Edition of Roberts Rules of Order and where? Thank you to anyone that can help me.

In most cases the minutes will simply record that the motion was adopted.

Only if it were a roll-call vote would the name and vote of each voter be recorded.

See the model form of the minutes on p454-5

-Bob

Archived