The Official RONR Q & A Forums

e board

salesgirl523

I suppose it depends on how flexible they are. I can see where it might be painful.

RONR - Extreme Twister version (by Hasbro. Available everywhere, $24.99 + tx)

Salesgirl523 - your bylaws will hopefully make mention of the procedure for filling vacancies on the Board. If not, per RONR if the President resigns, the VP immediately assumes that office, and there is a vacancy in the VP office. All other resignations would not be automatically filled by another officer in this fashion (rising through the ranks). A special election would need to be held for the vacant office.

In the meantime, if the Secretary resigns, anyone can be voted Secretary pro tem at each meeting until the office is filled by election.

As for someone holding two offices (assume the positions, pal!) there is nothing in RONR to prevent that, although I believe it does discourage the President also being the Secretary, since both positions require "active duty" at meetings, and also President being Vice President, especially with that whole VP-becomes-P-automatically thing.

Did you have anything specific in mind? And what are the five "basic" positions? (and I hope we're talking about the Board)

As for someone holding two offices (assume the positions, pal!) there is nothing in RONR to prevent that, although I believe it does discourage the President also being the Secretary, since both positions require "active duty" at meetings, and also President being Vice President, especially with that whole VP-becomes-P-automatically thing.

RONR does not explicitly discourage either of these combinations (although many on this forum do, for the reasons you mentioned).

Archived