The Official RONR Q & A Forums

new motion needed

Guest shebie50

A motion was made and passed at our last month meeting. I would like to clarify the motion. How can I do that? Do I just make a motion stated I want to clarify the motion that was made and carried during such and such meeting? HELP, please

A motion was made and passed at our last month meeting. I would like to clarify the motion. How can I do that? Do I just make a motion stated I want to clarify the motion that was made and carried during such and such meeting? HELP, please

A motion to amend something previously adopted (ASPA) should do the trick.

You can AMEND something previously adopted. Assuming it's too late to give notice, since you want to do this at the next meeting, it will require a two-thirds vote, or a majority of the entire membership.

Simply say, "I move to amend (specify the motion previously adopted)...in the following way..."

Archived