The Official RONR Q & A Forums

voter previalge

Guest Billy

When we accept members, they are on a 6 month probationary period and must fulfill the required duties within the 6 month to be considered to vo be voted as a member by the members present. In this case, the member was voted in after his 6 month probationary period. He must now remain as an active status for 2 consecative years in upholding the requirements needed set forth by our organization. His 6 months of probationary period does not include the first 6 months of the 2 years. Here's the question? He was voted in as member off probation in May. Our fiscal year ended July 31,2010. This is only 3 months since he was made a member. With such requirements, he became shortfall of have the requirements needed by July 31 to cast a vote on August 1,2010 at our meeting. An active member must remain active for the 2 years to have a vote during his term. Our company by-laws states active from August to August. I was approached from the floor that he had only had 3 months to make his requiremnets with the percentages needed to cast a vote. He should had been given his full year as active, of which this is the next 9 months coming up. I only figure the time he came in to our fiscal year ending July 31. Therefore; he had no vote. Was I correct?

Thanks.

Archived