The Official RONR Q & A Forums

motion

Guest jimb

At a regular meeting of our accocation a motion was put on to the floor not to hold a fund raising event. The motion was 2nd voted on and passed. The following month a motion to hold the event was introduced an this time passed. My question is does the person whom tabled the motion at the previous meeting have to withdraw his motion before a new vote is taken

At a regular meeting of our accocation a motion was put on to the floor not to hold a fund raising event.

The motion was 2nd voted on and passed.

The following month a motion to hold the event was introduced an this time passed.

Okay. So, you affirmatively voted to hold the event after a previous meeting had the idea rejected.

So, you will hold the event.

My question is does the person whom tabled the motion at the previous meeting have to withdraw his motion before a new vote is taken?

Huh? :huh:

"Tabled"?

"... person who tabled the motion .."?

Q. What tabling are you referring to?

You never mentioned any tabling occurring in either meeting.

So where did this table come from, all of a sudden? Was there a third meeting you didn't mention?

At a regular meeting of our accocation a motion was put on to the floor not to hold a fund raising event. The motion was 2nd voted on and passed. The following month a motion to hold the event was introduced an this time passed. My question is does the person whom tabled the motion at the previous meeting have to withdraw his motion before a new vote is taken

Duplicate post.

Archived