The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Privacy rules

Guest Bonnie

With the new privacy rules in place, what are the new rules for increases in salaried personnel? Do we put it before the Board for the vote of a certain amount increased or is this something that should be done by the Personnel Committee privately?

With the new privacy rules in place, what are the new rules for increases in salaried personnel? Do we put it before the Board for the vote of a certain amount increased or is this something that should be done by the Personnel Committee privately?

What new privacy rules? What new rules? What personnel committee?

The privacy rules everyone in this country are now using, i.e. banks, schools, etc. I don't know if it is just in the State of Florida, but I believe everyone has a right to privacy and we could be in trouble if we discuss it at a Board Meeting. That is why I have asked this question..

The privacy rules everyone in this country are now using, i.e. banks, schools, etc. I don't know if it is just in the State of Florida, but I believe everyone has a right to privacy and we could be in trouble if we discuss it at a Board Meeting. That is why I have asked this question..

You might want to ask an attorney.

And this because of new rules? Hmmm..... I kinda thought that was covered under the "old" rules.

As others have said, there are no new privacy rules in RONR, so this may not be the place to look for the answers you need. However, if your organization feels there is now an increased need for privacy, the assembly responsible for setting salaries could choose to handle such matters in executive session (which simply means that the participants are obligated not to divulge anything that occurred during executive session).

Archived