The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Reconsider to change a vote

Guest Lynn

Hi..

At previous email of board members', votes were 5-3 that voted the site of golf location in MI. Few weeks later, some of boards received words from some golfers who prefer FL instead of MI. This time, one of our board made a proposal to change vote from MI to Fl. President answered that her motion was out of order. Who favored to vote MI for hosting golf Tournament that he or she can make a motion of re vote the location again. Is it correct?

I thought that any of boarders can make a motion of asking to reconsider to vote which of MI or FL again. What is best procedure of making a motion or not?

Hoping that I make clear to you. :-)

Adopted motions that are still applicable can be amended in most cases. See RONR, p. 293ff. It's too late to reconsider the vote.

[edit] Any member may make the motion to amend, by the way.

the meeting thru email was held by boards that we discussed and voted which golf location of MI and Fl.(not related to members) Just Board meeting. Can any Boarder make a motion of reconsider? But President told other Board that hers was out of order (hers favored Florida) that she asked to reconsider to vote from MI to FL. He said that board member who favored MI and can make a motion of reconsidering to vote. But there was closed ballot that how baords know who voted for MI. That's why I didn't agree with President. That's why I emailed and asking question of can any boarder make a motion of reconsidering after hearing from foreigners who wants FL..not MI . Smile

the meeting thru email was held by boards that we discussed and voted which golf location of MI and Fl.(not related to members) Just Board meeting. Can any Boarder make a motion of reconsider? But President told other Board that hers was out of order (hers favored Florida) that she asked to reconsider to vote from MI to FL. He said that board member who favored MI and can make a motion of reconsidering to vote. But there was closed ballot that how baords know who voted for MI. That's why I didn't agree with President. That's why I emailed and asking question of can any boarder make a motion of reconsidering after hearing from foreigners who wants FL..not MI . Smile

Look at my earlier reply more closely. No one can move to reconsider. Anyone can move to amend.

I thought that any of boarders can make a motion of asking to reconsider to vote which of MI or FL again. What is best procedure of making a motion or not?

Please note that the term "reconsider" has a very specific and narrowly-defined meaning in RONR and is not applicable in this situation.

As noted, any member can make a motion to rescind or otherwise amend (change) the previously adopted motion.

Archived