The Official RONR Q & A Forums

resend a meeting

Guest owner

There was a special meeting last month, voting only on By-Laws. The first article, it was stated there would be no amendments to this first section. The amendment passed without adjustments. There were some who objected to the vote since our documents allow for amendments to any amendment. The following amendments were all passed with some adjustments to the wording. This week a group came to the annual meeting and made a motion to resend the special meeting, a vote took place and that vote passed. My question can a group resend an entire meeting along with minutes? My comment was that they could vote not to accept the minutes but could not veto the entire meeting since the amendments were all voted on and passed. This annual meeting was adjourned with out voting for replacements of the Board members who were to be replaced with this years elected members.

My question can a group resend an entire meeting along with minutes? My comment was that they could vote not to accept the minutes but could not veto the entire meeting since the amendments were all voted on and passed. This annual meeting was adjourned with out voting for replacements of the Board members who were to be replaced with this years elected members.

A meeting can't be rescinded but a motion can often be rescinded (or otherwise amended).

But not approving the minutes is not an option. The minutes simply record what happened, even if no one likes what happened.

And it looks like you have an election to complete.

Archived