The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Nominating Committee

g.fredrick

"Members of the nominating committee are not barred from becoming nomninees for office themselves."

Actually sounds specific and direct to me...

Yes, but it doesn't specifically say that the nominating committee can nominate its own members. So one might assume that members of the nominating committee could only be nominated from the floor. One could even read the word "becoming" as indicating a nomination to be made in the future, after the committee has delivered its report.

Yes, but it doesn't specifically say that the nominating committee can nominate its own members. So one might assume that members of the nominating committee could only be nominated from the floor. One could even read the word "becoming" as indicating a nomination to be made in the future, after the committee has delivered its report.

Then they would be wrong, and I wouldn't place any bets on the wording being revised.

Then they would be wrong, and I wouldn't place any bets on the wording being revised.

Yes, but "they" have been wrong before.

And anyone who bets on the wording being revised has -- what's the expression -- a fool for a client? Something like that.

Which, of course, makes one think that those of us with Robert's 10.0 should be eligible for a reduced price to upgrade to version 11.0 since 95% of the text (fill in your own estimate) will remain unchanged. But that ain't gonna happen either.

Yes, but "they" have been wrong before.

And anyone who bets on the wording being revised has -- what's the expression -- a fool for a client? Something like that.

Which, of course, makes one think that those of us with Robert's 10.0 should be eligible for a reduced price to upgrade to version 11.0 since 95% of the text (fill in your own estimate) will remain unchanged. But that ain't gonna happen either.

No, this particular passage won't be revised, and anyone willing to wait for (a minimum of) another year to buy the book is being rather silly. :)

Archived