The Official RONR Q & A Forums

motion and resolution not recorded

Guest leon

Two years ago a motion was made, seconded, discussed and adopted. Now, an examination of the minutes of that meeting shows the entire procedure was not entered into the record. The minutes were read and approved at the following meeting. Deliberate omission is not suspected. Most everyone who was at the meeting in question remembers the motion and the vote. My opinion is that since it was not recorded, it did not happen. I can't find any reference in RONR to something that didn't happen. I know we can just make the motion and go through the process again but that won't settle the argument that the resolution that was made originally has been in effect since. Help, please.

My opinion is that since it was not recorded, it did not happen.

Well, you know that's wrong because "most everyone" remembers it. Do you think they're all lying? Hallucinating? Of course it happened. You, yourself, just told us it did.

I can't find any reference in RONR to something that didn't happen.

And you won't (though there's another book that's filled with things that didn't happen).

Just add the missing motion to the minutes by adopting a motion to amend something previously adopted (ASPA). A two-thirds vote will do it.

Archived