The Official RONR Q & A Forums

vice president responsibilities

Guest bryan

Hello,

I am wondering if someone can help me with some information. I am part of a local club/group, newly founded and have volunteered to be the interim vice president. We are going to do our best to follow the Roberts Rules of Order and I am just curious as to what the responsibilities of the vice president are.

Thanks in advance for any help you may have for me.

We are going to do our best to follow the Roberts Rules of Order and I am just curious as to what the responsibilities of the vice president are.

As far as RONR is concerned, the only responsibilities of the VP are to chair meetings in the President's absence and to become President if there is a vacancy. You should look to your organization's rules to determine any responsibilities specific to your organization. Also, there is no such thing as an "interim" vice president unless that's defined under your Bylaws. You're either the VP or you aren't.

As far as RONR is concerned, the only responsibilities of the VP are to chair meetings in the President's absence and to become President if there is a vacancy. You should look to your organization's rules to determine any responsibilities specific to your organization. Also, there is no such thing as an "interim" vice president unless that's defined under your Bylaws. You're either the VP or you aren't.

bryan, is anyone else listed as being an interim officer?

Yes, we have listed our President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer as being interim positions through 12/31/10. After the new year we plan on being more organized and having a formal vote for all of these positions.

Thanks

Yes, we have listed our President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer as being interim positions through 12/31/10. After the new year we plan on being more organized and having a formal vote for all of these positions.

Thanks

So, with what appears to be your entire crew of officers being "interim", did the whole previous board resign, or are you just getting your organization organized, or....... a third option escapes me, but you see where I'm going, right?

If you've never had "a formal vote" on these positions, I'm wondering if "interim" is the part you should be dropping.

Oh the other hand, if the place these are "listed" as interim positions is your Bylaws, perhaps nothing needs to be dropped.

Archived