The Official RONR Q & A Forums

amending schedules

Guest sarah

I am the president of a society and our constitution has several schedules attached. we have been informed by previous members that this means that the content is easier to change compared to an article of the constitution. however, no one seems to know where this assurance or procedure has come from. my question is: is this true? and if so, how does one go about amending a schedule properly?

thank you for your time

sarah

I am the president of a society and our constitution has several schedules attached. we have been informed by previous members that this means that the content is easier to change compared to an article of the constitution. however, no one seems to know where this assurance or procedure has come from. my question is: is this true? and if so, how does one go about amending a schedule properly?

thank you for your time

sarah

Look in the amendment procedures in the Constitution to see how you go about amending the schedules.

our constitution has several schedules attached.

Well, something is either in the constitution or it's not. RONR doesn't speak to "attached schedules" (which sounds more like an IRS term). You may have to examine the minutes book to see how these "schedules" got "attached" in the first place.

Archived