The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Agenda Item not called for vote

Guest Rose

Under the rules in RONR? No, it's not necessary, nor would it be in order. (you're mis-using the motion to table but we can take that up at another time)

I used 'motion to table' because that is what our legal counsel advised them and what they did. Would you clarify your remark for me when you have time George? Many thanks.

I used 'motion to table' because that is what our legal counsel advised them and what they did. Would you clarify your remark for me when you have time George? Many thanks.

I am not George, rumors to the contrary notwithstanding smile.gif , you might want to take a look at FAQ #12 at the Robert's Rules of Order website, www.robertsrules.com.

I not George, rumors to the contrary notwithstanding smile.gif , you might want to take a look at FAQ #12 at the Robert's Rules of Order website, www.robertsrules.com.

Rob Elsman answers for me better than I do. ;)

In my experience, lawyers as a group are no better educated in parliamentary procedure than are plumbers. But my plumber charges more than most lawyers, so maybe there is a balance there somewhere.

In my experience, lawyers as a group are no better educated in parliamentary procedure than are plumbers.

Nor is there any reason that they should be, other than in those instances in which procedural rules are prescribed by applicable statutes (which, unfortunately, is happening more and more often these days).

In my experience, lawyers as a group are no better educated in parliamentary procedure than are plumbers. But my plumber charges more than most lawyers, so maybe there is a balance there somewhere.

Having been a paralegal for over 15 years and worked for more than a few attorneys, I'd have to say I somewhat agree except with the fees charged. I did note FAQ #12, and went to the Rules cite.

Thanks everyone for your help!!!

Archived