The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Rescinding a resignation

Guest Gayle Justice

I have just returned from our Board meeting. A Director on our Board, who had submitted a resignation approximately three months ago - was asked three times during the meeting if she would like to withdraw her resignation. Her answers were: No, No, and Absolutely Not.

This evening, she posted to our Board list that she will be announcing to the membership that she is withdrawing her resignation and wishes to finish out her term.

This comes after a full slate of candidates was set at the meeting and officers were elected for the upcoming year. The majority of the Board does NOT want her to withdraw the resignation.

Since, during the meeting, an opportunity to withdraw her resignation was presented to her three times and three times she stated she would not be withdrawing - we are unclear how to handle this. Since action was taken based on her resignation and her decision not to withdraw do we have to allow her to rescind her resignation?

Thank you!

A Director on our Board, who had submitted a resignation approximately three months ago - was asked three times during the meeting if she would like to withdraw her resignation.

Her answers were: No, No, and Absolutely Not.

This evening, she posted to our Board list that she will be announcing to the membership that she is withdrawing her resignation and wishes to finish out her term.

Once accepted OFFICIALLY, a resignation cannot be withdrawn.

Only YOU know if the resignation was accepted officially.

I certainly cannot tell you what you (all) did. - Was the resignation accepted? Or just kind of kicked around like a deflated soccer ball?

I mean, if you FILLED THE VACANCY, then THERE IS NOTHING TO 'RETURN' TO. - Right?

Archived