The Official RONR Q & A Forums

board meeting vote

dawoodh

Hello,

My question relates to a vote taken.

If a board has taken a vote and it was unanimous , can it be discussed again at the next meeting by a membe that was not present?

My second question is if a board members resigs, when is his resignation final ....when he resigns or when the board takes a motion to accept his resignation.

Please advise

Dawood

My question relates to a vote taken.

If a board has taken a vote and it was unanimous , can it be discussed again at the next meeting by a membe that was not present?

My second question is if a board members resigs, when is his resignation final ....when he resigns or when the board takes a motion to accept his resignation.

1. If the motion was adopted, it may be able to rescind or otherwise amend it. If the motion was defeated, it can be renewed (made again). The discussion (debate) will take place after the (next) motion is made. Any member can make the motion.

2. A resignation, which is a request to be excused from a duty, is effective when it is formally accepted by the body (or person) authorized to do so.

The motion was adopted.

If I understand well,

IN the next meeting,a new motion has to be made to rescind and reconsider or the same motion can be discussed?

Any member can make a motion to rescind (not reconsider) or otherwise amend the adopted motion and then that motion can be debated. However in small boards it's also permissible to discuss a question before a formal motion is made.

Archived