The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Petition to remove from office

Guest Thomas

Okay, so we have an official in our organization that has run the program in the ground and we have no one that will stand up and tell him that he needs to stop. I need to know how to and what format to make a petition to remove this person from the head official. How do i go about doing this?

Okay, so we have an official in our organization that has run the program in the ground and we have no one that will stand up and tell him that he needs to stop. I need to know how to and what format to make a petition to remove this person from the head official. How do i go about doing this?

See FAQ #20. No petition required.

You will, however, need the votes on your side and, if no one is willing to stand up, that could be a problem.

okay thank you how does the petition need to be set up to present to the official board can you help me with that or is that also in our bylaws?

I'm curious -- why do you believe a petition needs to be part of this process? Do your bylaws specify the use of a petition in this circumstance? Because RONR does not...

Was the official who is causing the problems elected to that position?

If so, was he elected by the general membership (what you call 'the congregation', I guess)?

If you give a bit more information, it may be easier for posters here to offer useful advice.

Archived