The Official RONR Q & A Forums

timing of nomination

Guest just bob

WHEN A NOMINATING COMMITEE CHAIRMAN IS MAKING A REPORT, THEN ASKS FOR QUESTIONS CONCERNING THAT REPORT; DOES SOMEONE HAVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE A MOTION TO ADD TO A COMMITTEE THAT WASN'T DISCUSSED? wHEN WOULD THIS MOTION BE IN ORDER?

Firstly, please avoid the use of ALL CAPS. It's hard to read and is considered "shouting" online.

The nominating committee simply delivers its report. At that point the work of the nominating committee is done.

Then the chair (of the assembly, not the committee) asks if there are any nominations "from the floor".

Firstly, please avoid the use of ALL CAPS. It's hard to read and is considered "shouting" online.

The nominating committee simply delivers its report. At that point the work of the nominating committee is done.

Then the chair (of the assembly, not the committee) asks if there are any nominations "from the floor".

I ALWAYS WRITE THIS WAY.

NO, I'M NOT SHOUTING.

MY QUESTION WASN'T ABOUT THE NOMINATING COMMITTEE.

WHEN A NOMINATING COMMITEE CHAIRMAN IS MAKING A REPORT, THEN ASKS FOR QUESTIONS CONCERNING THAT REPORT; DOES SOMEONE HAVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE A MOTION TO ADD TO A COMMITTEE THAT WASN'T DISCUSSED? wHEN WOULD THIS MOTION BE IN ORDER?

I ALWAYS WRITE THIS WAY.

NO, I'M NOT SHOUTING.

MY QUESTION WASN'T ABOUT THE NOMINATING COMMITTEE.

OKAY THEN IF THAT IS THE WAY YOU PREFER TO READ AND WRITE THEN I WILL ACCOMMODATE YOU WHEN A NOMINATING COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN IS MAKING A REPORT AND THEN ASKS FOR QUESTIONS CONCERNING THAT REPORT THEN THE ONLY MOTIONS WHICH ARE IN ORDER ARE MOTIONS WHICH ARISE NATURALLY OUT OF THAT REPORT AND ANY MOTION RELATING TO ANOTHER (DIFFERENT) COMMITTEE IS NOT IN ORDER YOU ASKED WHEN WOULD THIS MOTION BE IN ORDER AND THE ANSWER IS WHEN NO OTHER MOTION IS PENDING THAT IS WHEN ANY MAIN MOTION MAY BE MOVED

OKAY THEN IF THAT IS THE WAY YOU PREFER TO READ AND WRITE THEN I WILL ACCOMMODATE YOU WHEN A NOMINATING COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN IS MAKING A REPORT AND THEN ASKS FOR QUESTIONS CONCERNING THAT REPORT THEN THE ONLY MOTIONS WHICH ARE IN ORDER ARE MOTIONS WHICH ARISE NATURALLY OUT OF THAT REPORT AND ANY MOTION RELATING TO ANOTHER (DIFFERENT) COMMITTEE IS NOT IN ORDER YOU ASKED WHEN WOULD THIS MOTION BE IN ORDER AND THE ANSWER IS WHEN NO OTHER MOTION IS PENDING THAT IS WHEN ANY MAIN MOTION MAY BE MOVED

Maybe 'just bob', or JUSBOB, is asking about nominating someone to some other committee (i.e. nominating someone to an open position not mentioned in the nominating committee's report)? Given the title of the thread ('Timing of Nomination -- when should it be done'), that's my best guess.

I agree with other posters that it's harder to read ALL CAPS.

Archived