The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Please help if possible

Guest James

I am in a Labor Relations class, I have been asked to find out through RONR what it is called when a person in the majority of the vote that chose the affirmative asks for a "re-vote".

I was told it was a easily found on the website, but efforts have been futile.

Thanks for your help.

thank you very much, so what defines a re-vote?

There is no such animal. A motion to reconsider the vote, made by someone on the prevailing side, seconded and adopted, brings the original motion back before the assembly for possible debate and a vote.....colloquially calling that re-vote isn't a good idea but I suppose people call it that regardless.

There is a very limited time frame to make the motion and it's one of the most complicated in the book. There isn't anything easy about it, even if it was readily available to view online.

There is no such animal. A motion to reconsider the vote, made by someone on the prevailing side, seconded and adopted, brings the original motion back before the assembly for possible debate and a vote.....colloquially calling that re-vote isn't a good idea but I suppose people call it that regardless.

And although RONR does use the phrase "reconsider the vote", what's really being reconsidered is the motion.

Archived